Saturday, March 14, 2009

March Madness is heating up!

And no, not the march madness you may be thinking of. Or maybe you're thinking about the one that has the 2 most crucial ATP and WTA tournaments after the grand slams. That is the one I'm talking about. UConn and Syracuse may have played a 6 overtime game a few nights ago, but, although I am an avid follower of NCAA basketball, my focus is on tennis. Yes, I will fill out a bracket tomorrow night, but the T.V. is turned to the Tennis Channel. After Indian Wells is the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami, and these 2 tournaments are what start the full swing of the tennis season, up until September, when it starts to die down a bit. Sitting here by my laptop, Andy Murray just defeated Albert Montanes 7-5, 6-3. The match was closer than you might expect, and some points between the two were amazing, with spins and lobs from Montanes, and Murray chasing them down for rediculous winners. Montanes had his fare share of nice shots, but the spotlight was in the world number 4, Murray. Seconds ago Steve Darcis won the first set of his match against Marin Cilic. Cilic was leading 5-3, but a sloppy service game allowed Darcis to get back a lead. I'll admit it, I am switching back and forth between tennis and the Maryland-Duke game, but I'll be sure to keep you posted on all the Indian Wells news over the next week and half. For now, sit back and enjoy the tennis, while I enjoy the fact that the weather is finally starting to warm up in Baltimore.

No comments: