Thursday, March 12, 2009

FEDERER IS GOING TO BE A DAD!!!!!


Roger Federer announced on his website Thursday that girlfriend Mirka Vavrinec is expecting a child this summer. The news is released one the eve of Federer's first match since his devastating loss to Rafael Nadal in the finals of the Australian Open. I am thrilled about the news and I know that many of you are too. Federer's next focus will be winning his first ATP title of the season at the Masters tournament in Indian Wells, California. After a 1 1/2 month absence because of a lingering back injury, I am sure Federer will be ready to go. Federer also released a statement saying that Darren Cahill is NOT his new coach. He said that it just didn't work out because of Cahill's fatherhood conflicting with the required time and effort needed to put into the coaching job. Ultimately, it was Cahill's decision. Federer released this statement about the baby news:

Dear Fans I arrived in Indian Wells earlier this week and I am eager to get back out on court. My back is feeling much better and I am ready to go.

I also have some really awesome news to share with all of you: Mirka and I are excited to let you know that we will be parents this summer! Mirka is pregnant and we are so happy to be starting a family together. This is a dream come true for us. We love children and we are looking forward to being parents for the first time. Mirka is feeling great and everything is going well.

Speak soon and thanks for all your continued support!

Roger

No comments: