Sunday, March 15, 2009

Djokovic says he doesn't deserve to be called a "quitter'

Sorry Djoko, but you do. You retired in the 2006 French quarters, 2007 Wimbleon semis and the 2009 Aussie Open quarters. Most dedicated tennis players, whether in 130 degree heat or not, would realize the occasion. GRAND SLAM SEMIFINALS. I guess that never went through Djokovic's head when he retired at tennis' grandest stage in '07. The Serb is attempting to defend his 2008 BNP Paribas Open championship this week in Indian Wells. Just 2 months ago, Novak retired from his Australian Open quarterfinal against Andy Roddick down 2 sets to 1. "I'm just playing tennis for myself and I always have put my health as a priority to everything. Tennis is probably my life at this moment, but it's not the only thing in my life," Nole said at a press conference Friday. Right. So tennis is your life, but you quit at stages of tournaments that tennis players dream of reaching. He went on to say, "It's just that this reputation which has been going around, I don't think it's right. But everybody has a right for their own opinion. It certainly isn't pleasant when something isn't right and people are talking about something which isn't true, but I'm tired of proving whatever I need to prove." Personally, Djokovic is fully deserving of the reputation he has brought upon himself. Second, the Serb did win a grand slam, but mabe he should try doin that now, whil Rafael Nadal is playing un-humanly.

P.S. I am watching Djokovic's IW match against Martin Vassallo Arguello. Djokovic attempted to serve a ball, when the racquet flew out of his hand, landing near the first row.

No comments: