Thursday, March 19, 2009

I smell a comeback....


Kim Clijster's retirement from the WTA Tour never really affected me much, but with rumors floating around that she could be on the verge of a comeback, I am very excited. I was never a fan of Clijsters, but if she could cokme back in good form, it would make the mixed up women's tour that much more, well, mixed up. Lindsay Davenport, who is expecting her second child this summer, revealed that Clijsters has been seeking her advice about traveling around the world with a child. Davenport did this succesfully after having her first child in June 2007, and then returning to the tour in September '07, and winning two titles. Davenport also returned to the top 25. Clijsters had her first child in February 2008, and Davenport released this statement. "Kim Clijsters sent me an email with questions about how to travel and live with a child on the WTA circuit. So I think she will play WTA tournaments beside exhibition games in Wimbledon and the United States." Not enough proof? Kim's former coach said, "When she stopped I never said it would be the last time we would see her on the tour. I think it's too early to tell but, somewhere in the back of her mind, it must be something that she's considering. If she's fit and wants to play then I think it's a possibility. I wouldn't be completely surprised."

No comments: