Monday, June 15, 2009

Quote(s) of the Day


Although I have not done a "Quote of the Day" post ever on Serve and Return, the Serbs, particularly Ana Ivanovic, Jelena Jankovic and Novak Djokovic, have made headlines with their brutally honest quotes recently and deserve some credit.

1st: Ana Ivanovic

"There’s really not much friendship between the girls on tour. There’s so much rivalry and jealousy"

Well, when no one is good enough to hold on to the top spot for more than 3 months, and virtually anyone can beat anyone, the green-eyed monster can plague you.

2nd: Novak Djokovic

"Because I went out early there last year and because I didn't play at my top-level here, I would definitely not rate myself as a favourite for the title in London."

Atleast he tells it like it is.

3rd: Jelena Jankovic
"I watch only men's tennis on TV, I don't watch too much women's tennis. I try to see the way they play. I think men's tennis is more advanced than women's. I try to learn things and try to add them to my game which would be a good advantage."


When one of women's tennis' brightest stars says that her game is boring, you know at something is wrong.

No comments: