Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Nadal hopes to play Wimbledon


Rafael Nadal knows that a grueling recovery process is ahead of him for the next 2 weeks, but the world number 1 says he will give his all to be ready for Wimbledon, which starts June 22nd. The Spaniard has a serious knee problem, but sources say that the injury is not the tendinitis Rafa has been struggling with the past 3 years. “I am going to give my 200 percent to be ready for the most important tournament in the world,” said Nadal. “The tournament that I always dream about. I will not go out and play, especially on the Wimbledon Center Court, if I am not 100 percent ready to play.” Nadal lost in the 4th Round at last week's French Open, a tournament he dominated the 4 years prior to Robin Soderling's shocking upset. “I have been playing with pain on my knees for some months now and I simply can’t go on like this,” Rafa announced. “The pain was limiting certain movements in my body, which affected me mentally as well.” I hope Nadal can be ready to play in London in 2 weeks, because any tournament just isn't the same without his presence.

No comments: