Friday, June 5, 2009

Nadal pulls out of Queens Club


Rafael Nadal has withdrawn fom Queens Club, a Wimbledon warmup tournament in London, which he won last year by defeating Novak Djokovic. “I have been having some problems in the past months with my knees, that’s no secret, that did not allow me to compete always at 100 percent,” Nadal said. “I need to work with my team to recover well, work on my physical condition to be at my top form and get ready for the grass to play at Wimbledon. I hope I can be ready to compete by then.” Wimbledon begins June 22nd, and hopefully Nadal will be fully recovered by then to put on another staggering show for all the tennis fans. Last Sunday, Nadal was defeated by Robin Soderling at the French Open, a tournament Rafa has been dominating for the past 4 years.

No comments: