Monday, September 7, 2009

U.S. Open Results- Day 7




I had an amazing time at the Open and I can't wait to upload all my pictures and show you guys, but that might be a couple of days considering my camera chord is really messed up. But, they will be here, it's simply a matter of time. I got to catch the Kimmie vs. Venus match, which was a thriller. The tension in Arthur Ashe when Kimmie was trying to serve it out was unbearable, but the Belgian prevailed. I couldn't stay for the night session, but according to some friends who were there, it was one of the highest quality women's matches he'd seen in a while. And, just to make it better, Vera Zvonareva totally flipped her shit after failing to convert 6 match points, and in the end, after Zvonareva broke a couple racquets, Flavia Pennetta advanced. 10th seed Flavia Pennetta advance. Serena played her most impressive match of the tournament, and Nadal looked a little flat, but won. I also saw the man himself, Roger Federer, on the practice courts. There were about 20 or so people crowding the "off-limits" area around the courts and I hopped the gate, and pushed, nudged and even elbowed my way through to the perfect spot. I got great pics and he looked at us and waved. I know I sound like a little kid, but I have to admit, I was practically hyperventilating. Jo Wilfried Tsonga and JMDP both advanced and looked ready for a run.

New York
Men's Singles- 3rd Round

2-Andy Murray (Great Britain) bt Taylor Dent (USA) 6-3 6-2 6-2
3-Rafael Nadal (Spain) bt 32-Nicolas Almagro (Spain) 7-5 6-4 6-4
6-Juan Martin Del Potro (Argentina) bt Daniel Koellerer (Austria) 6-1 3-6 6-3 6-3
7-Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France) bt Julien Benneteau (France) 7-6 (7-4) 6-2 6-4
11-Fernando Gonzalez (Chile) bt Tomas Berdych (Czech Republic) 7-5 6-4 6-4
24-Juan Carlos Ferrero (Spain) bt 9-Gilles Simon (France) 1-6 6-4 7-6 (7-5) 1-0 (retired)
13-Gael Monfils (France) bt Jose Acasuso (Argentina) 6-3 6-4 1-0 (retired)
16-Marin Cilic (Croatia) bt Denis Istomin (Uzbekistan) 6-1 6-4 6-3

Women's Singles- 4th Round

2-Serena Williams (USA) bt Daniela Hantuchova (Slovakia) 6-2 6-0
Kim Clijsters (Belgium) bt 3-Venus Williams (USA) 6-0 0-6 6-4
10-Flavia Pennetta (Italy) bt 7-Vera Zvonareva (Russia) 3-6 7-6 (8-6) 6-0
18-Na Li (China) bt 26-Francesca Schiavone (Italy) 6-2 6-3

No comments: