Saturday, April 17, 2010

Monte Carlo Results: Nadal and Verdasco Dominate; To Meet in Finals

Few expected Fernando Verdasco to take pout Novak Djokovic in the Monte Carlo Masters semis, as the Serb is one of the most consistent clay-courters on tour, but 'Nando did more than just beat Novak. He outright crushed him, surrendering just 4 games in the victory over the tournament's top seed. “Tactically, I played really good all match,” said the 6th seed. “I am so happy to be in (a Masters) final for the first time, and to beat a player like Djokovic with a score like it was today.”

Rafgael Nadal also turned in another masterful clay performance..but what else is knew. The Spaniard easily defeated David Ferrer 6-2, 6-3 to punch his ticket in the finals, where he will be going for a 6th consecutive Monte Carlo championship, an Open Era record.“It’s very important for me to be in this final,” Nadal said. “I played a very good match today. I was a little bit more nervous than usual because I lost two semifinals in a row."

No comments: