Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Safina Out of IW, Roger 50/50


Since retiring in her 4th round match at the Australian open, Dinara Safina has been resting her on-going back injury, but the Russian has officially pulled out of next week's tournament in Indian Wells. This assures that Serena Williams will mantain the number 1 ranking thru Miami.


Roger Federer has been battling a lung infection that kept him out of the Dubai Tennis Championships, but although he plans to compete in Indian Wells, inside sources have apparently told the continually UNRELIABLE Peter Bodo that the Swiss will not take part.

The
article on tennis.com reads:

Although there has been no official confirmation, reliable sources have told Peter Bodo, Senior Editor for TENNIS magazine, that Roger Federer will pull out of the Indian Wells tournament because of his ongoing struggle with a lung infection.

Interestingly enough, Federer, though, has taken to his official Facebook page, saying: "I am feeling really good again and I was happy to hear from my doctor today that I have the green light to start working out again so I plan to try and play in Indian Wells next week. Thanks for the well wishes."

Im trying to block it out, but a little voice inside my head is telling me not to get optimistic.

No comments: