Sunday, January 24, 2010

Straight-Up Vodka? Not for Davy


Nikolay Davydenko has conspicuously become the media's new darling; thus, he hasn't been asked too much in his press conferences about tennis. The topics have varied from what other Russian player he would marry to whether he'll ever write a book.

The best of them all, though, came on January 21st, when the Russian was asked if he's a vodka drinker. Here is the transcript:

Q. Are you a vodka drinker?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yes.

Q. Is that where you get your strength from?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: No, I don't drink
really. I don't drink so much because, you see, I'm skinny. I mix only. Sometimes I drink clear vodka, sometimes mixed with Red Bull. Little bit get power in night club or disco.

Because if I drink only vodka I go sleep straight. That's what's something change.

No doubt this'll be on the list of best quotes at the end of the tournament. Expect many more Kolya LOLs.

No comments: