Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dinara is Healthy and Ready For the AO

photo via medibankinternational.com.au

This is good news..

I was badly missing her press conferences, and dry humor, but much to my excitement, Dinara Safina told reporters in Sydney that she is 100%, completely recovered from the ruptured disk in her back, which caused her to end her '09 campaign in October, and feels smarter than she was last year. After her unimpressive play in the last half of this past year, Dinara is now seeing the positive in the defeats. "After every loss, you get smarter. Unfortunately I couldn’t make it last year but I still have a few years ahead of me and I hope I’ll get smarter as I get older.”

After the Russian left her Australian Open status up in the air following a tearful end to the WTA Year-End Championships, she told the media, "I’m 100 per cent. I’m ready to play. If I play my best, let’s see what can happen."

Next Week, the world number 2 will compete in the Medibank International in Sydney, which features a stellar field consisting of Serena Williams, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Justine Henin and other top-tenners. “It’s a great tournament to prepare for Melbourne,” she said.

Glad to have you back!

No comments: