Friday, July 17, 2009

Roddick Pulls Out of Indy


Andy Roddick, citing a hip injury suffered at Wimbledon, has withdrawn from the Indianapolis Tennis Championships, the 1st tournament of the U.S. Open Series. The American is the defending champion there and his withdrawal will surely be a huge blow to the event, lacking tennis' superstars. Roddick took to his twitter to express his dissapointment. "(I'm) really upset that I won't be able to play in Indy this year. I love the tournament up there, but I am not properly prepared at the point." A-Rod continued,"My focus will as always, be to be 100 percent ready to go before I step out on court....." The 500 point tournament is now offering a wildcard to James Blake in order to fill the void left from Roddick's withdrawal. The injury forced Andy to watch the United States' Davis Cup loss to Croatia from the sidelines.
p.s. The tourney in Indy could be referred to as the Indy 500, just like in racecar diving, because it's worth 500 points. I apologize if that wasn't funny, I thought i'd give it a try.

No comments: