Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sharapova Dominates in Memphis for 1st Title of '10

In her 1st tournament back since her disastrous loss in the opening round of the Australian Open, Maria Sharapova looked as good as ever, having no trouble at all in trouncing each of her opponents in Memphis for the title. Sharapova didn't lose a set in her title run, defeating Sofia Arvidsson 6-2, 6-1 in the finals. The win marked the Russians 21st career title and she will improve her world ranking 3 spots to number 13, her highest since January 2009. “Coming in here, I asked for matches and I got five of them and I got the win, so I’m certainly happy,” she said. “I felt like I played consistent tennis throughout the week and did the right things against all my opponents. I guess that’s a good week.”

Sure, it's not the Dubai title, but it's nice to see Maria slowly getting back on track. Keep it up!

No comments: