Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mama Clijsters Gets Dolled Up


Kim Clijsters has officially become the first female athlete to get made into a barbie. WHAT a prestigious honor.

The Belgian got immortalized holding her US Open trophy along side her adorable daughter Jada. The doll was unveiled at the toy fair in Nuremberg, Germany.

Mama K blogged her excitement:

When I was a young girl I played with my Barbie dolls all the time and took them with me everywhere I went. I am therefore deeply honoured and humbled as I today join the ranks of iconic women who represent Barbie's aspirational values.


My family means everything to me, so I was really excited when I found out that Jada would also receive her very own "Jada" Barbie doll. This is something that is very special to me and my family and we will cherish it for life.


Congrats Kimmie, but don't go too overboard on the celebration. I think winning another major beats this by a tad.

No comments: