Sunday, February 21, 2010

Federer Pulls Out of Dubai with Lung Infection


World number 1 Roger Federer was forced to withdraw from this upcoming week's Dubai Championships with a lung infection. Last year the Swiss was unable to compete in what he refers to as his "home tournament" due to a back injury. The statement posted on RF.com reads:

Roger has had to pull out of the Dubai Championships because of a lung infection.

Roger started having problems last week and is expected to be out of action for a further two weeks. If everything goes well, he will return to action at Indian Wells in March.

As a Fed-Fanatic I would love to be optimistic about this, but considering the fact that not much has been reported on the injury, I'm not getting my hopes up that we will see Rog in action in Indian Wells.

Federer told the press, "I’m hoping to be back for Indian Wells. But of course, there are no promises. This is something that will be finished only with proper treatment. I’ve been taking it easy, relaxing as much as possible. My breathing is a bit difficult and everything feels a bit slow. I can’t take any chances until I’m fit again. It could be better, it could be worse."

Good: The time off can be used to bond with the twinnies!

Bad: It's been too long since we've seen live Fed in action!

Let's cross our fingers!

No comments: