Tuesday, May 4, 2010

DelPo to Undergo Wrist Surgery; out 3-6 Months


This is such a bummer!

Juan Martin del Potro, who hasn't played a match since his loss at the Australian Open to the hands of Marin Cilic, has confirmed that he will be undergoing surgery on his wrist. The 21 year-old will be out 3-6 months, guaranteeing that he will lose the points from his run at Roland Garros last year, and putting him in jeopardy of losing them from his US Open win in September.

The Argentine has traveled to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for his surgery:

“I decided to write because I want them to know by my own words of what is happening to me. Throughout this year I wanted to avoid surgery with different treatments, but obviously the injury was more serious."


The world number 5 has also shot down rumors that his absence from the tour has been because of "stage fright"

Let's all hope that JMDP has a quick recovery. We'll miss you!

No comments: