Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Pro's Sound Off on Agassi's Crystal Meth Admission


Following Andre Agassi's "shocking" admission that he used crystal meth in 1997 and lied to the ATP about the matter, pros and columnists all around the world had voiced their opinion on the matter.

Roger Federer at a press conference

" I am dissapointed that something like this has happened. I hope the outing is good fo Agassi. With his foundation, he has generated over 100 million U.S. dollars. This is at the forefront. In the future, such a thing won't happen. Our sport must remain healthy."

Andy Roddick via Twitter

"Andre is and will always be my idol. I will judge him on how he has treated me and how he has changed the world for the better. To be fair, when Andre wrote the reported letter, he was well outside the top 100, and widely viewed as on the way out."

Serena Williams at a press conference in Doha

WARNING: this is classic Serena, pimping out her new book, so there isn't much of a response

"I don't even know what crystal meth is, you know, so that's what my reaction to it is. I haven't read anything about Andre Agassi's book. All I know is that I have a book coming out."

Martina Navratilova

"Shocking. Not as much shock that he did it, shock that he lied about it and didn't own up to it. He's up there with Roger Clemens, as far as I'm concerned. He owned up to it (in the book), but it doesn't help now."

No comments: