Saturday, November 14, 2009

Djokovic Crushes Rafa; To Meet Monfils in Paris Final





Continuing his impressive late season play, Novak Djokovic dominated Rafael Nadal in the semifinals at the Paris Masters in Bercy. The world number 3 Serb took out Nadal 6-3, 6-2 in just an hour and 16 minutes, hitting 31 winners and holding serve without facing a break point the entire match. “I felt so good on the court that all the shots I hit transformed into winners,” Djokovic said following his 2nd consecutive victory over the Spaniard. “It was perfect, exactly the way I wanted.” In Djokovic's 10th final of 2009, he will face Gael Monfils, the 15th seed, who took out Radek Stepanek 6-4, 5-7, 6-4 to advance before his home crowd. Following the 2 hour 42 minute encounter, Monfils told the press, "I know tomorrow I'll give my life on the court. I've been playing more than two hours today and the day before. It's no longer a physical issue. It's mental now. I want to win. I'm not listening to my body anymore. I'll give it all." Should the Frenchman win the title tomorrow, he would fly to london as the 2nd alternate after Robin Soderling for the year-end championships.

No comments: