Friday, January 2, 2009

Abu Dhabi Results: Day 2


I got up at 6 am this morning just to be able to see Roger Federer play Andy Murray in the semis of the exhibition in Abu Dhabi. It ended up that I woke up much after the match finally started, but I got there just in time. 6-6 in the 3rd set. Federer served to start off the tiebreak, which a few points later, was firmly in Murray's hands. Federer saved 3 match points to tie it at 6-6 in the tiebreak, but a forehand in the net would give Murray another MP, and Andy served it out. About an hour later, the other semifinal between Rafael Nadal and Nikolay Davydenko started, but I watched very little of it, so I can't give you much feedback. Nadal triumphed easily over Davydenko. (Above is a shot from Roger's match today).

Results:
Murray d. Federer 4-6, 6-2, 7-6 (6)
Nadal d. Davydenko 6-2, 6-3

Serving up the topics for you to discuss,

Jake

No comments: