Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'm Back- Wimbledon Week 1 Round-Up

Wimbledon´s first week was without a doubt a historic one and, of course, I didn´t see one single, solitary point of it. I was on a cruise (as I previously mentioned) and yes, there was TV, but no, absolutely no Wimby coverage. EVEYTHING World Cup- I was literally on the verge of jumping overboard, having no connection to the outside world except from the $1.75/per minute Internet and the Italians that told me to fuck off when I asked if they could put on some tennis at a bar. Other than that, it was a great time.

But let´s not focus on my extravaganza...how about that of John Isner and Nicholas Mahut. You obviously already know about it but let me just say that most of the Internet bill was built up by me trying to track this match point by point. 70-68. I thought there was a glitch on the SW19 website. EPIC.

There was also the drama with Victor Hanescu being an annoying and obnoxious brat. Check out the video below. Serena has been dominant, particularly serving-wise. Fed had his first round scare and has look pretty good since while Rafa look dynamite initially and has been taken to two 5-setters since. The weather has been a blessing and the Queen even made an earlier-than-expected visit to the All England Club. Her fave player, Andy Murray has yet to crash and burn from the expectations of England while Stosur and Schiavo had major letdowns, losing in round 1.

Hope everyone is enjoying the middle-Sunday break. Day 7 will be jam packed. Plane ride home Monday- thank God. Here are some of the exciting matches to watch tomorrow.

Serena vs. Sharapova
Justine vs. Kimmie
Radwanska vs. Li
Zvonareva vs. Jankovic
Fed vs. Melzer
Djokovic vs. Hewitt
Querrey vs. Murray
Soderling vs. Ferrer


No comments: